You missed the Session? You can watch it now:
ABA's Virtual Open Day - Reloaded
1st October 2020, 3.30 p.m. - 4.45 p.m (CET)
Every crisis also opens up opportunities e.g. to revise your current strategy and to develop a new one - and time to consider new markets to expand to. Austria stands out in Europe as a highly developed business location and has weathered the crisis well so far.
At our Virtual Open Day - Reloaded we will give you a good overview of business conditions in Austria and explain why the business location is a good match for your company in achieving its long-term goals. Experts from ABA - Invest in Austria and other sectors will give you insights into Austria’s specific competitive advantages as a Business, Research, Life Sciences and Startup Location. After each session, we will offer you the opportunity for 1:1 virtual appointments with ABA and external experts.
English Session starts at 3.30 p.m. (CET)
- 3:30 Introduction by Marion Biber, Managing Director ABA - Invest in Austria
- 3:35 Business Location Austria - More than New Year’s concerts and pastries by Michaela Laussegger, ABA - Invest in Austria
- 3:45 How-To: Efficient Company Incorporation by Michaela Laussegger, ABA - invest in Austria and Markus Reinfeld, Kontractory
- 3:55 Research Location Austria: Why so many international companies do their R&D in Austria by Jakob Cencic, ABA - Invest in
Austria and Petra Lahofer, BDO
- 4:15 Startup Location Austria: Scaling up from Austria by Birgit Reiter-Braunwieser, ABA-Invest in Austria and founder Baher Al-Hakim, Medicus.ai
- 4:30 Sparked Your Interest? Insights by an All-Rounder in the Law/Startup World by Michaela Lausseger, ABA - Invest in Austria and Robin Lumsden, Lumsden and Partners, Attorneys at Law
After the session you have the opportunity for 1:1 virtual appointements with experts of ABA. Get your questions answered - confidentially and securely!
Sessions and 1:1 Meetings - How does it work?
Register via the "Register now" button. After your
registration, you will receive regular updates in regards to the next
steps to do. We will guide you through them, step by step.
2) Create your business profile & register for the sessions relevant to you
Create your business profile and describe what you are interested in and register for the sessions you want to
participate. Don't forget to choose the time slots you are available for
1:1 meetings in the agenda.
3) Send a meeting request
Send a meeting request to one of the speakers and have a virtual 1:1
meeting where you can pose the questions you have and get customised
support - confidentially and securely.
If you can not request meetings with experts please make sure that you are signed up for 1:1 meetings in the agenda!
4) Get prepared | 30 September 2020
- check your audio quality, using headphones is highly advised
- use a good webcam to improve the image quality, avoid connecting via phone
- consider cutting your video, in case of broadband issues
- You will receive your meeting schedule a few days before the event.
- Download the b2match app in order to be able to join the event and have your meeting schedule always at hand.
5) On the day of the event | 1 October 2020
Check the latest version of your meeting schedule through the
b2match platform or app. Access the ABA's Virtual Open Day - Reloaded stream and prepare for
your 1:1 meetings. Join the online 1:1 session and make
sure that you are online before your meeting. Respect the other
participants' time and show up to all your meetings or cancel them early
enough in advance to allow other participants to use the now available
time slot. Press the START BUTTON in your profile and start your
If an unforeseen circumstance arises and you will not attend a meeting, please cancel or reschedule your meetings through the platform. This way, the other participant will be notified.
TIP: Download the "b2match" mobile app (iOS/Android) to
* get access to your meeting schedule via your mobile phone
* be informed about last-minute changes (bookings, cancellations)
* manage additional meetings on-site (send/receive/confirm requests)